Wireless transmitter runs pre-programmed light shows or it becomes a wireless link for DMX512 control systems.
The ShowCast system uses the Luxium-developed, wireless DMX transmitter — called ZMX. The ZMX creates a wireless link with Luxium lights and passes command signals from a DMX512 control console. The ZMX can also be used as a stand-alone wireless controller for running light shows and sequences. For communication with any DMX controller, a 5-pin DMX cable is connected to ZMX via the XLR jack on the back of the transmitter. The ZMX radio can then stream DMX512 data to all Luxium wireless DMX lamps that have been paired with the transmitter.
A ZMX transmitter is required for wireless DMX communication with Luxium lights that are configured for wireless DMX control. The user interface consists of a menu screen and control knob for choosing settings. The user chooses DMX settings from the menu to configure groups of compatible lighting devices.
- Transmitter Range: 500 meters / 1500 feet (open air)
- Frequency Range: 1.4 GHz ~ 2.483 GHz (ISM band)
- Number of Channels: 16, user selectable
- DC power in: 5V at 200mA
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 88mm x 100mm x 40mm
- Weight: 0.150 Kg
- DMX connections: In and thru with 5-pin XLR connection
- Build in sequences: 6-Color, 2-Color, fixed colors